If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Author: Gayle Forman
Published April 6th 2010 by Speak (first published January 1st 2009)
259 pages
Series: If I Stay
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Summary:
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeenyear- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.
Review:

I see a lot of good reviews about the book. I've been reading a lot of fantasy books lately. And so for a change, I decided to try this one.

If I Stay is the story of Mia and her struggle for a decision to live after the unfortunate accident that happened to her family. The book contains flash backs of Mia's life with her family and the people around her. The book was like a tearjerker movie. With all the emotions from the main character, you wanna know already what will happen in the end - if the main character will live happily or not. That's what I felt when I read it. It was a heart-breaking read because of the memories and experiences of Mia.

I'd say this book is a good read especially to those who view life as a problem. It's really hard to decide whether to live or not if that decision will greatly affect you in the future. I like that the book involves a lot of music related stuff. I don't know how to play any musical instruments(Well actually, I do! I can play the piano like most of us can, but I'm not really a skilled one!), so the book reminded me to practice and learn to play again! The ending is just so... Well, I don't want to spoil. I look forward to read the sequel which will be released this coming April!

Overall, it was a great read. If I Stay will surely make you teary-eyed and will definitely teach you a lesson about life and making decisions.

♥ xoxo, Edil ♥

If I Stay

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love here! :)

The Book Lovers

Amuse Me!

The Book Fancier

The Book Fancier
Insanely bound by books!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Edil has read 30 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

The Book Shelf

Flipped
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
The Lonely Hearts Club
Anna and the French Kiss
Inside Out
If I Stay
The Iron Queen
The Lucky One
Magic Bleeds
Wicked Lovely
Mieradome
This Girl Is Different
Magic Strikes
The Iron Daughter
Magic Burns
The Awakening
The Mysterious Benedict Society
The Iron King
Daughter of the Forest
Pretties


Edil's favorite books »
}
The Book Fancier. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP