Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter #1)

Author: Nalini Singh
Published March 3rd 2009 by Berkley
339 pages
Series: Guild Hunter
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Summary:
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux is hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael. But this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other—and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break.
Review:

PASSIONATELY AWESOME! I was asking myself why I didn't read this one first before those YA books which I didn't really enjoyed that much. I should have trusted my instincts! Enough of that. I finally finished it and it's oh so good! I think that is an understatement. The book is amazing! : )

We have a kick ass heroine named Elena Deveraux who is a hunter-born. She's a guild hunter and has this great ability of sensing vampires. She is hired by the Archangel of New York, Raphael, who's oozingly hot (I love his wings). Together they have to track and kill this archangel on the loose killing people. But it turns out that Elena will also be haunted by her own seductive thoughts of Raphael.

I very much liked the story about angels, vampires and humans that coexist. This is the first adult angel book I've read and I wasn't disappointed. The book is a combination of fantasy, suspense, mystery and romance. So what else could you ask for? The characters are amazing! I sometimes like Elena's stubbornness especially when she's with Raphael. I've always liked strong female characters and that's a plus factor why I really liked this book. And oh, Raphael. Why do angels always have to be so beautiful? The vampires are not what you would expect them to be. They are made by angels. And you can apply to be made a vampire! How does that sound?

It's also my first time to read Nalini Singh's book. I think I have a new favorite author. I love her writing in this book. It's impressive with a little mystery to it. That's why I didn't see the last part coming. I was so surprised that I literally giggled and my brother's saying I'm crazy. The book is filled with intense emotions and sexual tensions that build the sex scenes very well. The plot is detailed. This is not your typical angel story.

Angels' Blood is a very impressive read that will certainly fill your fantasies! I have to read the next book! Can't get enough of Elena and Raphael and the story! : )

♥ xoxo, Edil ♥

2 comments:

Gabby said...

i love you review edil! book 2 is nice, but book 3 is my fave. :)

Edil said...

Thanks Gabby! I'll read your reviews of the other books as soon as I'm finished with them. This series is currently my favorite. :)

Post a Comment

Leave some love here! :)

The Book Lovers

Amuse Me!

The Book Fancier

The Book Fancier
Insanely bound by books!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Edil has read 30 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

The Book Shelf

Flipped
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
The Lonely Hearts Club
Anna and the French Kiss
Inside Out
If I Stay
The Iron Queen
The Lucky One
Magic Bleeds
Wicked Lovely
Mieradome
This Girl Is Different
Magic Strikes
The Iron Daughter
Magic Burns
The Awakening
The Mysterious Benedict Society
The Iron King
Daughter of the Forest
Pretties


Edil's favorite books »
}
The Book Fancier. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP