Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels #3)

Author: Ilona Andrews
Published March 31st 2009 by Ace (first published 2009)
310 pages
Series: Kate Daniels
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Summary:
Drafted to work for the Order of Knight of Merciful Aid, mercenary Kate Daniels has more paranormal problems than she knows what to do with. And in Atlanta, where magic comes and goes like the tide, that's saying a lot.


But when Kate's werewolf friend Derek is discovered nearly dead, she must confront her greatest challenge yet. As her investigation leads her to the Midnight Games – an invitation-only, no-holds-barred, ultimate preternatural fighting tournament – she and Curran, the Beast Lord, uncover a dark plot that may forever alter the face of Atlanta’s shapeshifting community…
Review:

The best book so far among the series. I can't find the right word to describe it. Let's just say, it really struck me. It was very impressive. Thanks to Ms. Tina and Chachic who made very convincing reviews of the books in the series!

I guess this would be my favorite urban fantasy series now because of this third book. The series gets better as it went through the paranormal adventures of Kate Daniels. Just like my reviews of the other books, I really adored Kate Daniels personality. This time she had to save Derek from death and kill the ever nasty Reapers.

I don't really want to spoil. However this one had a really good story. It was action-packed and would keep you from the edge of your seat. Too bad I didn't finish it right away than I had expected because of my busy schedule. Although it was not a constant read, it never failed to amaze me.

My favorite parts of course were Kate and Curran's sweet and humorous conversations. I think the scenes were quaint, the fact that the book was written by the collaboration of husband and wife authors (the author's name was their pseudonym). I can't wait for the naked dinner!

♥ xoxo, Edil ♥

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, Book 3)

1 comments:

Sverige said...

This is one of the few books I've read more than twice. In fact, I've read it so many times the pages are starting to fall out. The first two books in the series develope the characters, but in this book, the reader starts to see what everyone is really capable of. Even though I'm not like Kate at all, I find myself feeling Kate's emotions.

Post a Comment

Leave some love here! :)

The Book Lovers

Amuse Me!

The Book Fancier

The Book Fancier
Insanely bound by books!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Edil has read 30 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

The Book Shelf

Flipped
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
The Lonely Hearts Club
Anna and the French Kiss
Inside Out
If I Stay
The Iron Queen
The Lucky One
Magic Bleeds
Wicked Lovely
Mieradome
This Girl Is Different
Magic Strikes
The Iron Daughter
Magic Burns
The Awakening
The Mysterious Benedict Society
The Iron King
Daughter of the Forest
Pretties


Edil's favorite books »
}
The Book Fancier. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP